Shakeology is a whole food supplement that is manufactured by Beachbody LLC, who is famous for creating in home workout programs like P90X and Insanity.
Its basically a meal replacement shake.
There are five different flavors:
1. Vanilla Nutritional Facts
2. Chocolate Nutritional Facts
3. Greenberry Nutritional Facts
4. Tropical Strawberry (Vegan) Nutritional Facts
5. Vegan Chocolate Nutritional Facts
If you didn’t take the time to download and read all the nutritional facts above I don’t blame you. So to make things simpler on you I have another thing you can download that sums it up in just one page. Its a cooler version of the table below and you can Click Here to download it. It will show you what is in Shakeology and how its supposed to work, as you can see.
|Whey protein, brown rice protein,
pea protein, sacha inchi, quinoa,
chia, flax, amaranth
|• Help build and repair muscles
• Reduce hunger and food cravings
• Help keep blood sugar steady
• Promote healthy skin, hair, and nails
• Support brain function to help promote alert thinking and well-being
• Support your immune system to help you stay healthy and strong
Vitamins A, C, D, E, and K,
vitamins B1, 2, 3, 6, and 12,
biotin, pantothenic acid, folic acid
Calcium, chromium, copper,
iodine, iron, magnesium,
|• There are 13 vitamins that are considered essential for proper
body function. Shakeology has all of them.
• There are a total of 23 vitamins and minerals in Shakeology.
• These vitamins and minerals are important micronutrients your
body needs to carry out every chemical process needed for life.
• Help your cells make energy
• Build and repair muscles and strengthen bones
• Support energy production
|Antioxidants||Açai berries, acerola cherry,
bilberry, blueberries, camu-camu,
goji berries, pomegranate, rose
hips, luo han guo, grape seed,
|• Protect the body from free radicals
• Prevent cellular damage
• Promote cardiovascular health
|Phytonutrients||Moringa, chlorella, spirulina,
spinach, barley grass, kamut
grass, oat grass, wheatgrass
|• Support strong immune function
• Promote healthy aging
• Help detoxify the body
• Promote an ideal alkaline state
|Adaptogen Herbs||Astragalus, ashwagandha,
cordyceps, gingko leaf, tulsi
(holy basil leaf), maca root,
maitake mushroom, reishi
|• Help promote strong immune system function
• Help the body cope with environmental stress
• Naturally help increases energy
• Help promote ideal cognitive function
• Promote calmness
|Prebiotics||Yacon root||• Probiotics need special nutrients—prebiotics—to grow and thrive
• Yacon root has the highest concentration of prebiotics of any
plant in the world
• Helps strengthen the immune system
|• These are the good, healthy bacteria that live in your intestines
• Promote healthy digestion and normal colon function
|Digestive Enzymes||Amylase, bromelain, cellulase,
lactase, lipase, papain, protease
|• Help you break down food so you can assimilate nutrients better|
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Of coarse Beachbody can’t scientifically prove that this will do what they say it will do so if you are looking for the benefits its claims to give you then you can try it yourself and see what results you get.
How Much Does Shakeology Cost
Every flavor is the same price at $129.95 which gets you a 30 day supply. If you drink if once a day and replace one meal with it then it comes out to $4.33 a day. This is what I consider a premium meal replacement shake. You can get it a little cheaper if you sign up to be a coach. The coach price is $97.46 and after coaching fees the cost of Shakeology is $113.41. That is $3.78 per day.
Some people think this is expensive and others do not. Decide for yourself whether its in the budget or not.
We had to make changes in the way we spent our money for it to make sense for us. I love potato chips but they are not the healthiest so we cut those out. We found other things we could cut out that were not so healthy and with the money we saved from not buying the junk food we buy Shakeology. Shakeology is expensive if you don’t change the food you buy.
What I like about Shakeology is that it doesn’t go bad. I really don’t like wasting food because its expensive so when something goes bad in the fridge, like fruits and vegetables, I am just throwing money in the trash. I don’t have to worry about that with Shakeology because that stuff lasts a long time. I also like knowing that my three year old is getting a super nutritious snack/desert when she asks if she can have a shake. It makes me feel good knowing she is getting the good stuff her body needs to grow healthy.